Mobile company HMD Global has done the impossible. It has resurrected the much loved and respected Nokia brand from the ashes of the trail left behind by Microsoft Lumia. The arrival of the new devices to our shores is imminent and whilst much fanfare has been made with regards to the Nokia 6 and the iconic 3310 we should not forget that HMD is launching the Nokia 5 and the Nokia 3 as well. What resonates with me is that HMD has not decided to only offer a top flight phone but has made the Nokia accessible across all budgets. Let’s take a look at the younger siblings in this trio. Continue reading Nokia 3 and 5
The latest Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch is available… to watch on youtube. We still need to check if it will make it to South African shores but it looks like a very nice piece of kit! Watch this space for more updates as they come in.
Samsung Gear S3: Official Launch Film:
Samsung Gear S3 Specs infographic:
Hype is building around the imminent unveiling of the next iPhone, and this is what our friends over at CNET had to say:
“Apple has made it official: something’s happening on September 7 — and it’s most likely the debut of the iPhone 7 (and the Apple Watch 2). As was rumored for the past few weeks, the company will indeed be hosting an event on the first Wednesday in September; we now know it’s scheduled for 10 a.m. PT and going down at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. This puts us on track for a likely retail release on September 16 or 23.
Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect from Apple at that September 7 event. As a reminder, these range from official reports from anonymous sources to flat-out rumors and educated guesses:
- New 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone models, presumably called the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, respectively.
- Very similar physical designs to the existing iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. (A radically redesigned iPhone with no home button is said to be coming in 2017.)
- A larger, improved camera on the iPhone 7, plus a dual-camera system exclusive to the larger the iPhone 7 Plus.
- No headphone jack on both new phones.
- A pressure sensitive home button, using technology similar to that found on the 3D Touch screen.
- Storage capacities ranging from 32GB to 256GB.
- A faster A10 processor.
- Running iOS 10 at launch.
- An initial release date (in some countries) of September 16 or September 23.
- Other possibilities include: A water-resistant design, improved stereo speakers and more battery capacity.
- Of course, Apple could always drop a bombshell that no one saw coming. We’ll know soon enough.”
For the full article go to: cnet.com