iPhone 7 Announcement
Hype is building around the imminent unveiling of the next iPhone, and this is what our friends over at CNET had to say:
“Apple has made it official: something’s happening on September 7 — and it’s most likely the debut of the iPhone 7 (and the Apple Watch 2). As was rumored for the past few weeks, the company will indeed be hosting an event on the first Wednesday in September; we now know it’s scheduled for 10 a.m. PT and going down at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. This puts us on track for a likely retail release on September 16 or 23.
Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect from Apple at that September 7 event. As a reminder, these range from official reports from anonymous sources to flat-out rumors and educated guesses:
- New 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone models, presumably called the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, respectively.
- Very similar physical designs to the existing iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. (A radically redesigned iPhone with no home button is said to be coming in 2017.)
- A larger, improved camera on the iPhone 7, plus a dual-camera system exclusive to the larger the iPhone 7 Plus.
- No headphone jack on both new phones.
- A pressure sensitive home button, using technology similar to that found on the 3D Touch screen.
- Storage capacities ranging from 32GB to 256GB.
- A faster A10 processor.
- Running iOS 10 at launch.
- An initial release date (in some countries) of September 16 or September 23.
- Other possibilities include: A water-resistant design, improved stereo speakers and more battery capacity.
- Of course, Apple could always drop a bombshell that no one saw coming. We’ll know soon enough.”
For the full article go to: cnet.com